With the multitude of Christmas tree graphics, lists of must-buy gifts and images of velour-clad Santas taking over the Internet and retail stores alike, it’s hard to forget that the holiday season is once again upon us. For marketers, this means ramping up a holiday marketing optimization strategy…for next year.
Fortunately, planning ahead doesn't have to be complicated. One simple method of campaign measurement is to utilize toll-free numbers (TFNs) as ROI tracking tools. This allows you to easily determine which campaigns were a hit and should be implemented again next year, as well as which campaigns weren't so successful.
Not sure where to start? Here are five places to use TFNs in your holiday campaigns:
1. Christmas cards or emails. When your company sends out Christmas cards or emails, insert a TFN on the back of the card or in the body of the email.
2. Christmas gifts. Print a TFN on a sticker to place on Christmas gifts such as cookie tins or candy bars with personalized wrappers.
3. Viral marketing. Integrate a TFN into viral content, whether it be an interactive campaign like Office Max’s "Elf Yourself" or a festive YouTube video.
4. Twelve days of Christmas. Offer a different promotion for your products or services every day for 12 days. Use one TFN for all 12 days to measure the success of the campaign as a whole or assign 12 different TFNs to determine which specific promotion generates the most responses.
5. Calendars. Include a TFN on every page of a calendar and see how much activity is generated throughout the year.
Can you think of any other creative ways to use TFNs this holiday season? Post a comment and let us know!